Replacement Soft Top - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerman View Post
Atlantic British sells those.

Should have been more clear....I know someone who can get a really good deal on them.

If you can spend the money nothing like the Badger!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:48 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I'm curious to know what a brand new bestop (LRNA71700) would be worth today, assuming someone had one new in the box. Unobtainium right?
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
I'm curious to know what a brand new bestop (LRNA71700) would be worth today, assuming someone had one new in the box. Unobtainium right?
A friend of mine is starting his own parts distribution company....Land Rover, BMW, Rolls, Bentley, Jag...ect.
Once he is up in running I will post some info. He is a great guy and known to a few here. He will be on the East Coast. Actually NYC... He can get new in box best tops I think.

I will keep everyone posted once his company is up and running...should be very soon...this will be another great source for all of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2010, 12:40 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
AB sells them new now. Open the box and see if it has the alpine bar, 5 snap door bars etc.

There was one kit that had everything and is obviously worth more more. There was another kit with just the top and another with the top and windows. I forget if you got the windscreen bar with the full kit or not.

Once you know what is in there, they you can determine a price. Just the top and windows, I don't you would see more than $800, but I would put it on ebay as that is the best market (ie people who don't know how good badger is).
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:44 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
It's not for sale as I plan to put it on the truck - was curious about the value. But yes it has the alpine bar, side bars, rear bar, all nicely wrapped in plastic. The windshield header bar is used but could have come with the top. The truck has the side rails installed (painted white - yuck).
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:48 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I would sell the top as new keeping the other bits and try to find a used badger or RN top. Once you install the top it is no longer new and a used badger is much better than a new bestop. I think the side bars painted is nice. Can you do me a favor and look under them and see if it has snaps?

Actually, I would just keep the hardtop until next spring. I buff would make it look nice enough. The manual tells you how to restore the finish.
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:19 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Badger II GK all the way (and rollup doors while your spending $)
best upgrade i have made in a long time to any car i own.

not sure why you would buy a bestop at all unless your going for the orignality thing.

As Evilfig says - a used Badger is better than a new Bestop anyday.

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:19 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
I would sell the top as new keeping the other bits and try to find a used badger or RN top. Once you install the top it is no longer new and a used badger is much better than a new bestop. I think the side bars painted is nice. Can you do me a favor and look under them and see if it has snaps?

Actually, I would just keep the hardtop until next spring. I buff would make it look nice enough. The manual tells you how to restore the finish.
I didn't know they were still made. I am sure badgers are nice but I see no reason to do anything other than use this top. I'll take some pictures for posterity

Which manual describes how to restore the finish on the fb top? I'm interested in trying that

Thanks
P.S nice job helping Tom. Everyone should have your number in their cell phone!

------ Follow up post added August 20th, 2010 11:21 PM ------

Forgot to say - no snaps under the rails
Old February 21st, 2012, 07:15 PM
bomilcar
Stephen Miller
73 Series III Orig Owner

I have just purchased a Badger I FDS for my 94. It has its original top so this will be a complete R&R, rails and all. What sort of time will I need to invest in the change over? I do not expect it to arrive for a couple of months so at least it will be a bit warmer than it is today here in New Mexico by then. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
2011 LR4

"anything that can go wrong has"
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:21 PM
jkins
john
95 Defender 90 - Beluga

Registry
I second this... I am going to give the belt rail conversion a shot this weekend. It will be me and my son (8) so it will be a lot of just me. How much time should I budget for this? My handyman skill on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) is about a 2.

I read the directions and the information here on the site, but does anyone have any recent things to watch out for? I can't wait to get my Badger on!

Thanks guys.

------ Follow up post added March 8th, 2012 10:29 PM ------

Too bad there isn't a youtube video on this... I have a little anxiety about this project bc I don't want to screw up my baby!
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:00 AM
RedD90
JNH
'97 D90

I have the Badger plus the gutter kit - powder coated in black to enhance the look. Haven't looked back - best mod I've ever done other than the Webasto heater and heated Exmoor seats.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, soft top