Replacement relay for ARB wiring harness - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 11th, 2011, 12:12 PM
seriousactualist
Paul Martin
1995 D90 ST

Replacement relay for ARB wiring harness

After some troubleshooting, cleaning and re-testing, one of the two Pro Quip P1512X relays in my ARB M002 HD wiring loom is demonstrably bad. (Long story, short.... In the original configuration, I get high beams but no low. After swapping relays in the second (high) and third (low) slots, I get low beams but no high.)

These are normally open 5 pin, 12V/40A, dual 87 mini relays with diode protection. Pro Quip is (naturally) an Aussie form and their parts don't appear to be readily available here. The closest replacements I've been able to identify so far are:

• Hella 3055 (or 3082 with no diode)
  • Bosch 0 332 019 109 (or 0 332 019 151 with no diode)
I'll be back in touch with ARB USA Monday, but I'd be interested to hear which specific replacement relays anyone has had success with. Manufacturer part numbers are especially encouraged.

-- Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:03 PM
seriousactualist
Paul Martin
1995 D90 ST

I still think it would be interesting to know if folks have had good success with specific replacement relays. As it happens, however, I was able to run down to Renton, WA and pick up some Pro Quip relays directly from the good folk at ARB!
Old October 15th, 2011, 11:23 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
For those who don't have ARB on a pinch and using the same relay on the compressor setup, I just replaced my P1512X by a carquest 56-1728. It just worked even though this has 87 and 87a ports. That relay is 87a normally closed (which mimic the default behavior of the P1512x where both 87 are normally open). -if- for whatever reason, your ARB compressor wire if plugged to the 87 port, you can use a very small screwdriver to move the connector from the 87 to the 87a location and all will be good.
Please note that I only have an ARB compressor on that relay (read: maybe someone out there will need the dual 87 setup! ).
Cost was $9 and change. Based on the diagram, I'd say it's protected by a resistor and not a diode (which is fine, it's protected enough).

Hope that helps!
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, relay, wiring