Repair/ Body Shop for Defender90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 21st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Sam401
Sam
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Repair/ Body Shop for Defender90

I'm lucky enough to own a 1994 Defender90 and would like to find a shop in the Northern Massachusetts area to get a little work on it. It needs the snaps replaced on the body as they are corroded and don't hold the top down (Im also contemplating replacing the top). It also needs some minor interior repairs. Anyone know of a respectable shop nearby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Welcome. You're lucky enough to live in a state where there are plenty of Defenders around. You have to first decide if you are going to keep your Tickford top (I'm assuming that's what you have), or if you are going to "upgrade" to another top, which *may* require a switch from the snaps you have, to a beltrail system. Badger Coachworks and others sell most of the kit that you would need for that switch.

If you have any questions, you can usually find it a little quicker by using the Search --> Advanced search feature(s) of the forum. Cityside Garage and many others are in the state of MA.

Let's see some pics of your truck. What plaque number is it?
Old November 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Welcome Sam.
As Josh said, there are plenty of D-owners in and around Boston.
Also, given the specific nature of your repairs, I'd suggest trying to schedule a quick "look-over" by Badger Coachworks - 259 Great Western Road/ P.O. Box 285 South Dennis, MA. 02660 USA Phone: 508.394.2680

Also, Peter at J.White's Automotive in Framingham knows soft tops very well and used to work for Badger. You could easily just stop in there and ask somebody to take a look, whereas you may find some difficulty reaching Badger. You may want to start by talking directly with the owner Jeff White, but I suspect that Peter is the go-to guy for your specific issue. J.Whites does mostly mechanical repairs on Land Rovers, not body work, but again, you're not looking for a complete restoration, only an area relating to the fasteners for the top, so I think they'd be able to help. J.WHites Auto - 1800 Worcester Road (Rte 9), Framingham, MA 01702 508.872.4752

Finally, Alan at Cityside Garage in Holliston is awesome as well, but like J.Whites doesn't do body work. He's a little further from you than J.Whites. 330 Hopping Brook Rd, Holliston, MA 01746
Phone:(508) 429-4336
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Sam401
Sam
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Thanks for the input. I actually reached out to Badger Coach works. I am looking for a small amount of body work as well as there is some rust that I want to get sorted before it gets worse. I will look into Peter at J.White's Automotive! thank you for the advise! Ill post pictures asap!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, body, defender, defender90