Removing fender dents - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:40 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Alex, yes, I have cut the cage holes on several of the fenders... They can just make a template off of the original and transfer it to the new one. 10 min job. YOu also have to make the hole for the marker light. But that is not hard either. Just need a drill and a cutoff wheel to make both mods....

ITs one big hole for the cage..

------ Follow up post added March 12th, 2010 11:48 AM ------

Oh... I saw those pvc panels at MAR.. THey had a set at the RN booth. they looked cool. Not sure if anyone has used them yet.
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2010, 02:31 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Got the right one worked out enough to attach the flare correctly which makes me happy. No more half a flare flapping in the wind, looking pretty good. Not perfect but fits in with the rest of the truck.

Thanks for the Harbor Freight referral- needed a place like that like a hole in the head. Not to mention there was a parking lot sale today

Going to order left fender, cut it, paint it, install it and then practice my metal shaping skills on that jacked up fender.

Alex
Old March 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
I did my 110 ex-mod (shit load of dents) with a regular mechanic hammer. Take your time and don't heat it (You will change the molecular of the aluminium and weaken it). Place your wings on a flat piece of wood and bang it gently until it seems right. Then take the paint out (sanding it roughly) and use small layers of putty. Putty will crack if you apply too much so try and get the worst out with the hammer. Try and sand every layer of putty to make it easier to know where to apply some more. Some people prime it, I don't.. Just apply coat over coat of paint.. Remember that Land-Rovers are tractor that goes on highways! It's not a perfect job but these dents won't be the last you'll have if you are using properly the Rover..
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh View Post
There are more varieties but $90+shipping gets you something that will bounce back a bit if hit.

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/DEFE...ir_intake.html
Rovers North is now carrying these stateside. I like the idea of the abs outer skins.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
vin