Removing door card - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 7th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Removing door card

I am interested in removing my door card so I can cut a hole for some speakers and hook the door check strap, and getting my door painted Arles Blue. I have all of the clips loose but the window winder and the push button door lock have me stumped. I tried using a trim tool but that has not worked. Any suggestions? Couldn't find a thread on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I believe there are a couple of threads on this. The door lock insert (escutcheon?) pulls straight up but the door lock button remains inside. The window winder lever (or whatever it's called) is a challenge. You have to push the door card in far enough that you can see between winder lever and door card. Use Needlenose pliers to pull the circlip out. Once the circlip is out it comes off. You may need a headlamp and a healthy amount of cuss words for this part.
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Thanks! I'll try that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Manimal
Thanks for the information. Worked like a charm. Much easier with a little direction!
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:20 PM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

Im sure the foul language helped
Old October 12th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I always ask stupidly obvious questions before I disassemble something. When I don't small plastic parts tend to fly all over the place.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door, vin