Removing 3rd brake light - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 10th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW
Removing 3rd brake light

So my third brake light keeps falling off the glass no matter what glue I use. Happens almost every time I go wheeling. I'm tired of gluing it and it looks like crap at this point. I would like to remove it but I wanted to know if there was a connector somewhere in the door or if I have to cut the wires and make a connector. I would like the ability to reconnect it again in case I get an inspections guy that happens to know a 95 should have a third brake light. Thanks

Land Rovers are by far the best looking 4x4 on the back of a flatbed...
Old August 10th, 2016, 06:21 PM
'97 D90 SW NAS
If you have a SW, have you considered using heavy duty Velcro to hold the light to glass?
The 3M HD Velcro is usually very good at holding to the glass and whatever you're trying to attach.
Of course, you need to make sure the glass is clean (with alcohol) so the velcro backing sticks.

I need to do this with my light. One side of the glue gave out and one other side is holding on.

Old August 10th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Capt Milks
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25
The connectors should be on the right side behind the light cover. It may be a multi plug however.
Land Rover 110
Old August 11th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Viton Johnnson
Smart 4x4
With all the rear view obstructions on the SW, 3rd brake light, spare tire, rear side seating, the may have well just made the SW a panel truck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

brake, ht, vin