Removal of headliner and roof - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 30th, 2009, 11:10 AM
c2sox
Al Cruz
93 110 #428 and 01 Disco SD7

Removal of headliner and roof

I'm going to start to remove the headliner and the roof this weekend. Are there any special tools or tricky issues that I might come across or is it pretty cut and dry?

Thanks in advance.

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2009, 11:32 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Pretty straightforward, just be careful with the headliner and the pulling of the christmas tree retainers if you want to re-use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 2nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Also make sure you have/keep all the foam sealing bits and will probably want some kind of caulk when you put it back together, glazing putty is probably the best option as it takes a while to dry out and crack but I am open to hearing other ideas as well since it is coming time to start re-assembling the body on my CSW next months when I get back from Peru. (yay!)

Oh, and something I did when doing body panels in the Disco is to put nylon inserts into all the "christmas tree" locations then used wide-head stainless screws to re-assemble things, with those little snap on plastic caps. Now removing things is a lot easier, no pulling or breaking of fasteners etc, and if you can get a plastic cap close in colour to the panel you don't even notice them.

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Where do you find replacement white Christmas trees for the headliner?
Most of mine came out DOA.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM
Where do you find replacement white Christmas trees for the headliner?
Most of mine came out DOA.
RN or RDS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
roof