Remote Battery Disconnect and Terminals - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 20th, 2008, 03:56 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Remote Battery Disconnect and Terminals

I put on a set of Corbeau Seats that don't have any type of quick disconnect, so getting to the battery is now a PITA. I would like to be able to have remote batter disconnect and remote jumping capabilities. I have one or the other, but neither in one switch or one product.

Anyone know of anything that does this or how I would wire a set of terminals and a disconnect switch?

I was thinking of run the current terminals to the disconnect switch and then wires from the disconnect to the battery. Then run another set of wires to two remote terminals. Does this sound feasible?

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2008, 11:18 AM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
I am not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do. You could run Warn winch quick connects. Run all wiring that is currently connected to the battery to one end of quick connects. Put the quick connects in the engine compartment and then run the wiring back to the battery. Next, cut the alligator clamps off a set of jumper cables and put quick connects on one side.

Now you can disconnect your battery through the engine compartment, and you also have a set of jumper cables that will plug right in as well.

97 D90 SW
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:56 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

I guess quick and dirty I am trying to come up with a way to quick disconnect my battery if I need to and be able to jump it, if I need to, without removing the driver's seat. I don't really need to run it all the way to the engine I was thinking about just mount the terminals on the outside of the battery box.

Thanks for the ideas.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2008, 02:24 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Or you could relocate your battery.

97 D90 SW
Old August 21st, 2008, 02:37 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnpalmer
Or you could relocate your battery.
Ya that's a thought too. Has anyone come up with a good way to rig their battery elsewhere? I can't really imagine it fitting anywhere in the engine compartment.
Old August 21st, 2008, 03:05 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I had to do the same thing in my truck. There are a couple threads that covered this. Not sure why they arent coming up on the similar thread search so here they are:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=16273

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=14764

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:18 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
I had to do the same thing in my truck. There are a couple threads that covered this. Not sure why they arent coming up on the similar thread search so here they are:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=16273

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=14764
Hey thanks those are good posts. I am just so bad with electricity though that I am afraid I am going to cross wire something and fry the starter or god knows what. I guess what I was hoping for was a disconnect switch that had remote posts integrated into it. I guess I can just put both the posts and disconnect switch over by the brake like the other folks have done, just a little concerned about how to wire that properly. Oh well, not like my truck hasn't been on fire before.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
battery, disco, remote