Relocate Rear wiper / Defrost switch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
kinetic
Kinetic Adventures
TDI's

Relocate Rear wiper / Defrost switch

I'm trying to relocate the rear wash / wiper, rear defrost switches in the NAS SW to the little 3 gang switch area by the left knee. Does anyone know of any switches that would fit in that area, and still function correctly? I remember reading a while back that John Lee from Expedition Exchange moved his, but searched and couldn't find out how he solved the issue.

Cheers!
Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I rewired mine to a nice carling switch. works great. double pole moment-off-on switch. it's on my MUD dash console. Don't know if Carlings will work in that factory 3 switch pod though.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:28 PM
kinetic
Kinetic Adventures
TDI's

Thanks Mark, - I was trying to free up some switch space from the center, so aiming to put them on the left side by the knee. I don't think the Carling's will fit the factory cutouts, but may work with some added fiddling. I was hoping there was an easy solution like "use switch part #..." because someone's done it before. We'll see if I get lucky! ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Aaron, a buddy of mine moved his switches to the center console on his 97 and moved the radio to where the switches used to be. He said it was a complete nightmare.
Old February 8th, 2013, 07:07 PM
kinetic
Kinetic Adventures
TDI's

I was hoping this would be kinda simple. I'm installing a MUD console, but am only running switches on one row. I'd like to free up some space up there as I have quite a bit of other switches I'd like room for. Seems like I'm always biting off more than I can chew.

I emailed MudUk, and they mentioned it was normal for the 3 switches to be in the lower side spot by the wheel (NAS were supposedly the only ones that put them high up on the dash), but didn't know part numbers for the switches. I was also msg'ed a confirmation from someone else that theirs were in that same three gang spot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
switch