Red Service Engine Light - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 13th, 2005, 06:12 PM
kleedee
Rob

Red Service Engine Light

I have a '94 Defender with 53000 miles. I believe the Red Service Engine Light came on as a signal to replace the O2 sensors. How do I manually reset the lamp light? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

http://www.defendersource.com/faq/En...lt.html#Lights

Old June 14th, 2005, 11:31 AM
kleedee
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
I have visted that link in the past, but it is still unclear to me. Where can I find the brown module so that I can reset the lamp light? Do I need to remove the panel that encloses the Spedometer, Odometer, etc.? Does this pose any other problems by doing this. I have a 94 Defender if that matters. Thanks for the follow up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

There's a bunch of screws holding the dash (part that the speedo and other gauges are in) on. the front part comes off easy enough, I think 2 screws on the bottom, 1 on each side and 2 at the top, then it just pulls forward. Be careful not to pull too far as the speedo cable may come apart and require some playing with to get the center back into the rest of the cable. I felt like going outside do I took a pic of it for ya this is looking at it from the left of the steering wheel.

Follow-up Post:

It's the brown box kinda in the middle, it's hard too see but someone has poked a hole in mine already, It says emissions stuff right on the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-011S.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	3308  
Old June 14th, 2005, 12:12 PM
kleedee
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
There's a bunch of screws holding the dash (part that the speedo and other gauges are in) on. the front part comes off easy enough, I think 2 screws on the bottom, 1 on each side and 2 at the top, then it just pulls forward. Be careful not to pull too far as the speedo cable may come apart and require some playing with to get the center back into the rest of the cable. I felt like going outside do I took a pic of it for ya this is looking at it from the left of the steering wheel.

Follow-up Post:

It's the brown box kinda in the middle, it's hard too see but someone has poked a hole in mine already, It says emissions stuff right on the box.
Thanks, that picture really helps! So I don't need to remove the gauges, etc. I need to remove the complete dash as you show? I then just poke a whole throught the brown box? Does the engine or Defender need to be on in order to do this? Is this how the dealer would do it?
Old June 14th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

You only need to pull the dash out a little, all the gauges stay in. I would try poking it with everything off, if that doesn't work try it with it on, if that doesn't work do it with it running. I am pretty sure the dealer just pokes through the hole, then replaces the sticker oh and then they charge you a bunch of $$$$$.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
engine, ht, service