Recommended Location for Brake Controller on D-110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 4th, 2012, 10:40 PM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
Recommended Location for Brake Controller on D-110

Hey guys,

I am about to start installing a brake controller (Tekonsha P-3) in my D-110 in preparation for the Adventure Trailer I ordered. My truck has a TD-5 dash with the AC unit. I can't seem to find a logical, functional, and tasteful location to install the brake controller. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer a location I can get at with a hand while having the other on the steering wheel and being able to see outside the front windshield in the event that I need to manually lock the trailer brakes while off road. Photos are always appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
Well thanks for all the replies... I guess not to many of you tow a trailer with your Defenders. Anyway...I have found a solution that I think is perfect especially if you aren't one to drill holes in your dash like me. Instead of getting the P3 I decided to return it and get the Prodigy RF. It is essentially a brilliant little device that moves the entire unit to the trailer it self. It then uses a wireless transmitter to control and change settings on the brake controller. No need for any installation in the cab of the truck. Also for an off road trailer its ideal because you can hold the entire remote controller in your hand while to do whatever you need to maneuver the truck.

Check it out: http://www.tekonsha.com/content/prod...435&part=90250
Old February 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Man that is an awesome bit of kit! How did you hook up the land rover wiring to the 7 way on the prodigy?
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
Well essentially the blue wire doesn't do anything and isn't even needed. All other wires are the same on the seven pin. I can't wait to install it. It will be great since the remote can be taken to any vehicle.
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:15 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Sweet!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, brake, d-110