Recommendations for Classic Car Insurance? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 10th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Mes788
Mike S

Registry
Thanks for the input. I ended up going with Grundy Worldwide for agreed value policy. I did get quotes from Geico and State Farm however they did not offer agreed value.

My biggest fear was that I would get sideswiped by a elderly driver which there are plenty of in SW Fla or it would get stolen and then have them tell me that the claim is more than "book value" and say it's totaled. Not one agent was able to explain to me how they would come up with a value IF a claim would be submitted. For the meantime I'll only be using on weekends so I went the collector insurance route....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2014, 02:04 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Geico does indeed offer agreed value for collector cars. I just got the 2A covered thru them at a very reasonable rate. You have to call them and ask for collector car insurance. It is not on the web store.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old September 10th, 2014, 02:09 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
Geico does indeed offer agreed value for collector cars. I just got the 2A covered thru them at a very reasonable rate. You have to call them and ask for collector car insurance. It is not on the web store.
I usually recommend them because they are cheap and don't have the numerous restrictions that other classic insurance companies have.

Also because if you've put substantial money in your truck then 'customizations' are a cheap way to bring up the total value of you non-NAS D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Mes788
Mike S

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post

You are correct they do have agreed value coverage but not for 86 or newer. At least that is what they told me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
classic, insurance