Recommend a Canvas Shop in the Baltimore Area? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 15th, 2009, 08:56 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Recommend a Canvas Shop in the Baltimore Area?

I need to find a good canvas shop in the local area to repair some smll tears in my Bestop softop, so I was looking for recommendations, before resorting to the yellowpages, and unknown quality. Thanks..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 15th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

If you're willing to come down to NoVA, there's a fantastic upholstery shop in Alexandria, Seatco. They built Robbie Donaldson's soft top for his decapitated disco and have done substantial work for my family on a variety of other types of cars. In fact, they did the top, upholstery and all interior carpeting and panels (save the dash) on a bentley my father's taking to Pebble this year. And they sewed up some small tears in my tickford years ago. Mentioning my name will yield you nearly nothing.

Good luck,

Tony
Old April 15th, 2009, 10:43 PM
mjekogian
Michael Jekogian
1997/ Defender ST

Registry
I have always gone to a good cobbler. so see if you have a good shoe repair shop around you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepeytr
I need to find a good canvas shop in the local area to repair some smll tears in my Bestop softop, so I was looking for recommendations, before resorting to the yellowpages, and unknown quality. Thanks..

Scott,

I always use Gibble's in Lancaster PA for hi-line repairs to soft top & interior, long story short, did not want to Drive to PA so I did a research and Smitth Glass on York Road in Towson, did an outstanding job repairing the BS on mine as well as New glass.

Owner's name is Jeff.
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:45 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I will probably give the Towson shop a chance, just because they are so close, but appreciate all the recommendations!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
baltimore, canvas