Recaro Cross Sportster seats install - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 27th, 2014, 10:05 PM
defender1844
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS

Recaro Cross Sportster seats install

Has anyone made brackets to mount these into a NAS Defender? Obviously the European Defenders have brackets(www.tunemydefender.com). Would those brackets work on our trucks? I have the brackets already and the seats will be here in a couple of weeks. It looks like when matched up against the factory runners the brackets do line up but the back of the bracket hangs out past the back or the rear bulk head. Has anyone tried this setup out or have any thoughts? There is a kit to make the bases removable which is cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2014, 10:21 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by defender1844 View Post
Has anyone made brackets to mount these into a NAS Defender? Obviously the European Defenders have brackets(www.tunemydefender.com). Would those brackets work on our trucks? I have the brackets already and the seats will be here in a couple of weeks. It looks like when matched up against the factory runners the brackets do line up but the back of the bracket hangs out past the back or the rear bulk head. Has anyone tried this setup out or have any thoughts? There is a kit to make the bases removable which is cool.
Photo might help ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old January 28th, 2014, 07:01 AM
myoverlandrover
josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by defender1844 View Post
I have not seen NAS brackets only European. But should be straight forward for someone with cad/solidworks and an water jet. A friend had
recaro to Miata brackets done for around 200$ locally. Love these seats and would be interested in hearing how you like them after some seat time. They are on my list to do
Advertisement

Old January 28th, 2014, 03:31 PM
USLandy
Andrew
defender 90

Pic would be good... I put a set of OMP seats in my 90; I took the OMP seat mounts and welded on some steel plate to the bottom. I then drilled holes to match the existing bolt holes for the standard defender seats. Simple as long as you have a welder and grinder.
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

http://www.tunemydefender.com/interi...on-seat-detail

they are selling an adapter kit as well

------ Follow up post added January 28th, 2014 04:57 PM ------

http://www.lrisolutions.co.uk/index....up-bases.html#

seems like this is the closest recaro seat to the svx model

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
seats