Rebuilders in the east? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Rebuilders in the east?

Can anyone recommend someone in preferable in Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal or in between who they trust to rebuild an R380 and LT230 with all the updates that Ashcroft would put in without having to ship them across the Atlantic? I'd also love to get them properly cleaned and anodized to help slow down the effects of road salt. (other suggestions on how to do that would be great too), if there's someone who could do a 200TDI rebuild at the same time that would be even better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
on this of of the pond-Rob Dassler roadsiderob@hotmail.com.

he's in the Southwest so you are going to have to utilize NAFTA

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old September 18th, 2008, 11:03 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Paul Safari can point you in the right direction if he does not do it himself.

http://www.ourbis.com/en/business/show/729506

I also heard good things about this guy, but never used him.

http://landroverpartscanada.com/
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2009, 02:10 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

So I'm at the point of pulling the 200TDI, LT77 (which isn't going back in, and I found two rather big holes in the front of the bellhousing in the process but I have arranged an R380 already anyway) and LT230.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on rebuilders for the 200TDI? This one only has 440,000mi on it and seems to still be pulling strong but I know this won't last. I am located in Ottawa, Canada so somewhere within say a 6 hour drive would be nice. If it turns out to be too much I'll probably just order a reman long-block from Turners but as with all projects there are plenty of places to put the already limited budget.

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
rebuild