Rear view mirror location (aka tall guy gripes) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 8th, 2012, 01:06 AM
wilyliang
Peter
'95 D90 SW #441

Registry
Rear view mirror location (aka tall guy gripes)

Just put in a new windshield and was tempted to move the rear view mirror up... I'm tall (6-2) and it's right in my line of sight. Ultimately I kept the stock location so the sun visor could still swing past it, but still annoyed. Anyone else have his problem?

Also, with the seat all the way back I'm looking at the post next to me. And my eyes are pretty much at the top of the side window. Maybe it's time to take out the seat lifts that make the leg angle so nice. Or slouch more.

Just gripes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2012, 02:27 AM
gravitysucks
Andy
94 D90

Registry
I'm 6' 4" and took out the seat risers that were in my D90 when I got it 10 years ago. I didn't like the extra height that made me have to duck to look out the side windows, and as you said look at the B pillar when the seat was all the way back. I've driven the D90 coast to coast a few times, don't miss the risers one bit. A motorcycle accident several years ago left me with a useless left ankle which can make using the clutch an issue when the steering wheel is turned to the left. Put the risers back in briefly to see if they'd help, only to pull them back out and put them back into their box in the garage. Just reminded me how much I disliked the seating position.
Old January 8th, 2012, 10:46 AM
defeyago
Santiago
96 Defender 110 VGTdi SW County

Registry
Ive used an Universal Windshield rearview mirror from any regular auto store. Has a mounting tab that goes glued to the windshield (special glue that some of the Universal mirrors even come with it). Ive put a WARN sticker on the outside of the windshield so the tab gets hidden by it. Actually another good thing is that you cant take it off an on easily if you want. The mirror just slides in and out of the tab. Where the original mirror was located, Ive put VHFs speaker. The other thing sticked on my windshield is a rain sensor for the wipers made by HELLA.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02001.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	45795   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02003.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	45796  

Name:	DSC01999.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	45797   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01960.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	45798  

Name:	DSC01956.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	45799   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01985.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	45800  

04 Freelander Td4 5 dr.
97 Alfa Romeo 146 TD (Sold)
95 Volvo 850 GLT Estate
94 Discovery Tdi (Webasto equipped)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions