Rear tub restoration question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 4th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Rear tub restoration question

I have a defender tub from the east coast. There was bubblng on the rails (capping), so I drilled out the rivets and pulled it off the tub. I have replacement galvanized rails, but it isn't really necessary here in the south. If I wanted to paint the rails, should I buy ungalvanized pieces? Should I paint them separately and then put them back together or put them back together and then paint? For those of you who have galvanized rails, did you also put galvanized capping on the tailgate and doors? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2006, 08:29 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Chris, I would just paint the galv capping. It will never rust and bleed through... YOu have to clean it first with a special cleaner then epoxy prim it and paint it. What color are you doing? IF the tub needs it, do both..
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
restoration