Rear Tub Questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 26th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Hinckley423
Charles Joerss
1995 D-90 #2812

Registry
Rear Tub Questions

On my 95 ST I had to cut one of the bolts that holds the rear bench seat bracket in place. The bracket was on the drivers side and is was the rear seat rests on when it is not folded forward. When cutting it, I scratched up the side of the tub a bit and I want to fix it primarily to prevent rust. Does anyone have any advice regarding touching the area up? My skills are fairly limited so I am strongly considering taking it to a body shop to have it properly painted. I want to put the bench back in only I've cleaned up under the rubber mat. Any opinions as to how I should go abou replacing the hardware- its pretty rusted. Should I go to the local hardware store?

Also, to protect the rear tub I have a rubber matt. I find that dirt and water get trapped under it. Does anyone have a better alternative? I'm leaning away from having it Rhino-lined. I was thinking about having the local canvas guy make a two piece matt that I can remove without having to take out the bench and all the hardware.

Any advice or insight would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Tub is aluminum - no rust. Touch up paint available through multiple online sources. Soaking rusted bolts with Kroll works well, but sometimes cutting is required. Rhinolining is an option, but it will cover everything semi-permanently
Old November 26th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Hinckley423
Charles Joerss
1995 D-90 #2812

Registry
Thank you. So if I don't touch up the scratches the only issue would be the appearance. It wont affect anything else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
Charles,
I had a local paint shop make me up a couple of cans of spray paint. Just give them the LR paint code. Do a search to get the factory code for blue. I ended up touching up a number of places inside the truck particulary the floorboards.
NAS 1993 D110 CDN #11/25
1997 D90 ST #1953
2006 Range Rover
1997 D90 SW #701 (sold)
1995 D90 ST (sold)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions