Defender Source Forum banner

Rear Swing Out Door Question

Tags
door wing
1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  MUDSUX 
#1 ·
For those who have a swing out rear door on their 90 soft top, is there a lift-up latch on the inside of the door or is it on the outside only? Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Can anyone tell me if the inside latch is shorter in length than the outer one? Is the outside latch removable? I cannot for the life of me get it to clear and fit properly.

#5 ·
Is it an NAS tail gate?

Is it the correct latch?

You do have to fiddle with it a bit but if you have the correct parts it will work.

You can make the holes biger if need be.

#6 ·
I have a drop-down tailgate I am coverting to a swing-away for my 110. Brian at SafariHP had an extra NOS swing-away tailgate he lent me so I can trace out the holes on mine. I was trying to fit the latch on his already cut tailgate to make sure I have all the right components and having a hell of a time fitting the latch. I was told it was the same exact latch as a right middle door no?

#8 ·
Thanks Ron, a picture is worth a thousand words. Your keyhole is definitely bigger than the one I have. Maybe that's the trick. I just don't see how the factory does it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.