Rear Seat Belts in 1994 NAS ST - bracket needed - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 24th, 2013, 04:06 PM
SmokedFish
Lucas
94 D90 #63

Rear Seat Belts in 1994 NAS ST - bracket needed

Here's hoping one of you parts hoarders can lend me a hand here.

I'm trying to add seat belts to my early 1994 NAS ST that previously had no rear seatbelts. Biggest issue is a missing point to mount the belt retractor reel. With plenty of help from searching here and members roverx and bjf I've discovered all I should need is a small bracket that looks like this:

FYI, my current D-90 looks like this:

And like this underneath:

If it turns out nobody has a pair, or if it'd just be better to re-fabricate 'em; then if anyone could give me some accurate measurements of the thing, that'd be great.

I'd really appreciate it, as it's the last thing from finishing up my install of a new-style lock and fold seat back there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2013, 11:21 AM
SmokedFish
Lucas
94 D90 #63

FYI - Made my own rear seat belt bracket

I saw a post yesterday of someone asking for one of these too. Sorry I couldn't relocate that post but thought I'd update this one in case it turns up in a search result...

So, no surprise, I couldn't find a replacement OEM part. But truth is, it's way over-engineered. All that is needed is a simple L-bracket made from 1.5" angle iron.

I used a band saw, drill press, and a some sand blasting but If you can cut off a piece of angle iron and drill 2 holes in it you got what you need.

For the drivers side all you need is a simple one like in the pic below, but on the passenger side you'll need to make it longer and offset the holes by .75" (or a tad more) to clear the gas-tank notch. At least that's how it worked on my '94 ST.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	angle bracket.png
Views:	61
Size:	573.3 KB
ID:	74673  
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
What did you do at the bottom mount on the tub wall? There is a bracket there as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2013, 12:25 PM
SmokedFish
Lucas
94 D90 #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhuf View Post
What did you do at the bottom mount on the tub wall? There is a bracket there as well
Not totally sure what you mean. To clarify, I mounted the angle iron bracket I made above the tub at the spot I'm sort of pointing to in the first post (2nd pic). Under the tub, the bolt goes through to the included cage bracket where the red arrow is on the last pic of the first post. I hope that makes sense. I can take finished pic if it'll help.
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:36 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I think Jeff means the brace under the tub that prevents the belt from ripping out if you were in an accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2204686904.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	426.6 KB
ID:	74674  
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:39 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Never mind. Looking at my pic, it's the same. Shadowing made it look bigger. You should be fine.
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:44 PM
SmokedFish
Lucas
94 D90 #63

Right on Barry, I appreciate the input.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
1994, bracket, nas