Rear Mud Flaps on a 97D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 23rd, 2004, 05:49 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Rear Mud Flaps on a 97D90

Hello everyone,
I just put front flaps on my 97 the other night and now want to put rears on there....Phil (rover4x4) has told me abuot cutting the exhaust tip so the flaps dont melt or whatever...Does anyone else have any ideas...i have heard get a borla or cut the tip...not really ready to fork out the money for a borla or cut the tip so if anyone knows anything else to do that would be great,

Thanks,

Jason Habbal
97 D90 ST #1104

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:21 PM
CHRIS C
CHRIS CUSTARD
97 D90 ST

Jason I put a full set of flaps on my 97. I purchased mine through Rovers North. The rear ones had a cut out for the exhaust, never had a problem with melting. I put the flaps on as I thought they looked cool and would be functional, as I chipped my friends wifes windshield. I soon found that the rear ones are large and not good for off roading, as I ripped off one backing up over very small mound. I was very dissapointed after that. In retrospect I think the truck looks better without the rear flaps as they were very large making it look like a street sweeper. I ended up taking the rear flaps off but left the fronts on. If you decide to install rock sliders you will have to notch the front flaps. I also replaced the rivnuts on the fronts as the factory ones came out after only a few months. Chris
Old August 24th, 2004, 12:13 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

thanks chris....I kind of have mixed feelings abuot them...I like the look as i feel like it doesn't look right wtih fronts and no rears, I am gonna think on it for a while and look at some other D90's with them....Thanks for the info

Jason Habbal

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 24th, 2004, 05:36 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

You can always screw a small eye bolt into the bottom of the flap and then tie it up when off roading. That way the problem of running over and ripping them off when backing isn't an issue.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 97, d90, flaps, mud