Rear Main Shaft Seal, how far back to drift in? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 9th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Rear Main Shaft Seal, how far back to drift in?

Hey thanks for looking. I changed my rear main seal and I drifted it to flush, although I noticed that the one in there before was like 2mm below the surface. Should I have any leaks if I just drift it flush with a piece of wood to the surface? Hasn't leaked yet, then again I haven't started it yet either. Thanks for any help.

Neil

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2009, 07:14 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Hey Neil, where have you been man ?
Old September 9th, 2009, 07:57 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Neil

You driving a NAS 110 on sunset last night near crescent? My bro saw another one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2009, 08:16 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Come on Neil, it gets boring only talking about trucks... We need a few good stories.

Old September 12th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Hey Land Rover Negros! No I haven't driven any of my rovers near sunset lately because I've been driving my work truck everywhere I go although I cross through sunset every week because of friends that live there. I'm just going to assume that my rear main seal will be ok since nobody said anything about my question. hehe. I've been busy with a new house that I just bought, lots of work to do but its in an estate area so its funny to fuck with rich snobby neighbors by parking a lot of leaky rovers in the front driveway I'm dating this 25 year old bi-sexual latina fashion designer for like 3 months, damn pics have to be small to put on here grrrr. oh wait i forgot, shes actually that girl from the jeans store, mabye you guys remember her. I will post pics of her later. So I haven't partying too much just once in awhile but now I want to start driving my rovers again so I've been buying a lot of parts from george and BP and doing the garage mechanic thing. How are you guys doing?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ivresized.bmp (900.1 KB, 79 views)

Robert Deniro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac