Rear Load Matt - - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Rear Load Matt -

Is the load matt in the back of a soft top supposed to be glued down? I know it will be held down by the seat bolts but just wasnt sure what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The ST mat comes with adhesive on the edges. It slides around if you don't have it stuck in place. The seat bolts will keep it from coming out, but the parts on the fenders slide off into the center.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 11th, 2008, 02:04 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

thanks that makes sense. my new load matt should be here today or tomorrow. in the process of dynomatting the bed. fun fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM
mwmorgan22
Mark Morgan
94 D-90

Replacing the rear mat in my D 90 also. Considered dynomat xtreme but I am worried about moisture if it rains. Also I have heard it is difficult to remove. Any thoughts
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

That is what I bought. I did my doors a while ago. As for the moisture in the back. I see that ECR does it. I am thinking with the load matt down and minimal holes drilled it will be fine. I don't plan to leave it in a rain storm anyway. I did once wash my car and have a ton of water under the matt so I think general care needs to be taken regardless of dynamatt or not.
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:17 PM
mwmorgan22
Mark Morgan
94 D-90

Could you tell a difference with dynomatt in the doors
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:22 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

a bit less tin sounding. i think in the rear it will make a big difference. Right now i have nothing down in the back and I find it much louder.
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:24 PM
mwmorgan22
Mark Morgan
94 D-90

Thanks. let me know how it goes. Good luck
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Gibson04
Justin Church
1994 D90 / '04 Disco

where did you guys buy a new rear load mat?
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

rovers north
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:58 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

I did the dynomat in the doors and the bed. I noticed more of a difference when the hard top was on than anything becuase the soft top rattle. If you are worried about the side of the load space slipping down you can either - get some 3M double sided tape or use a spray adhesive Super 77 or Super 90 and coat both side (matt and bed). I also shot the door with Wesley's undercoating before dynomating in order to get additional sealant and weather proof. I think the biggest amount of noise comes from the the exhaust being under the seat boxes so if you are looking to cut down the noise in the cabin you may want to start with that area. Remember the old 70/80 ford and chevy vans had an access panel to the rear part of the motor between the 2 front seats? If you go to the junk yards you can pick up the fiberglass and aluminum covered material located on the inside of that access panel which is really plyable and stick some of that above the tranny which will cut down on some of the heat coming up through the cabin along with hitting those areas with a spray undercoating to cut down on noise and heat. just a thought.
Old November 17th, 2008, 01:41 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I finished lining the back of my truch and I put in a new load matt. Very happy with the results. Sound is quieter.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions