rear latch lock cylinder removal... help! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 11th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Rowdy90
Chad yates
97 D90

rear latch lock cylinder removal... help!

I've lost the door key to my 97 defender 90 and I am having trouble removing the lock cylinder on the rear door. The workshop manual says I have to use the key, which I don't have. Anybody know how I can remove the cylinder without the key?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy90 View Post
I've lost the door key to my 97 defender 90 and I am having trouble removing the lock cylinder on the rear door. The workshop manual says I have to use the key, which I don't have. Anybody know how I can remove the cylinder without the key?
Try any key
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I think you have to drill it out. I know I had to do this before to change the lock cylinder.

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 11th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Rowdy90
Chad yates
97 D90

I was afraid of that... I can't find the key so I can't turn it to line up the pin... I'm sure this is going to be an adventure... Thanks for your response Neil!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions