rear hinges - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 17th, 2009, 10:06 PM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

rear hinges

there is a lot of play in my rear tailgate. are there bushing for the hinges to take up the slack? Do I have to buy new hinges? Are there new style hinges like the front doors? Hopefully that is where the bulk of my rattleing is coming from. The PO had just put a new tire carrier on it when I bought it. I think it was a factory tire carrier. I can see the play in the hinges as if the pin in the middle is wearing.
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:08 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

just buy the new bolt set. It comes with the bolt, bushing and nut. I think they are about 7 bucks each. Rovers north or Rovers down south can help you.
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

What awesome advice! New bolts, nuts, bushings arrived and installed today. I didn't know you where supposed to be able to see those brass bushings!! The rust and deterioration was amazing. I should post pics of the crap i took out of there. Rear tailgate is now the sweetest parts of my truck. Smooth quiet and tight all for 14 bucks plus s/h!!! thanks again d90 source!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions