Defender Source Forum banner

rear driving lights/brake lights LED problem

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  fastinjun 
#1 ·
ok, bought some led lights last week and got them today, put them in and turn signals work great..but the brake light/ driving light combo isnt working right. when I turn on the lights it lights up fine but they are too bright and there are no brake lights. I pulled the bulb from the housing and watched the different lights go on...Im thinking I got the wrong bulbs??? I got the ones according to what was suggested to me from here...I'll look at the model tomorrow.

#3 ·
bought just the bulbs. Turn signals work great...the red tail/brake light works as a brake fine as long as I dont turn on the lights...once they are on they shine bright and when I hit the brake there is no change. I reversed the wires thinking it was a polarity issue but still the same problem

#10 ·
The bulbs fit only one way due to the little prongs being offset. If the regular bulbs were working the wires aren’t crossed. I think your led bulbs are either just crazy bright or they are faulty

#11 ·
I checked again...I used the regular bulbs and the sequence worked fine..then put the leds in...They must be the wrong ones. I'll call the company or email them and explain the situation, hopefully I can return these ones if not just get the right ones

#12 ·
Did you look at the base of the bulb and verify there are two contacts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.