Defender Source Forum banner

Rear driveshaft boot (gaiter) '94 d90

Tags
90 d90 drives
2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  cgalpin 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a source for a driveshaft boot for the rear drive shaft on a 94 D90? Rovers North has one (i think) for $30 but I'll buy something generic before I pay that.

IIRC its not a flexible one, but harder plastic with a seal where the stub shaft goes through the larger side.

thanks,
charles

#3 ·
That would be my fallback (i don't have any old shock boots so I'll be buying *something* like the flexible kind). But it would be nice to get something like the stock setup.

Actually I might just pull the boot off one I am running right now if it's boot is ok (need to go out and check). Was just planning on rebuilding a spare I have since the joints are shot on the one on the truck, but the spare has no boot.

#8 ·
Sadly I have no rebuttal.
Charles, if your complaining about a $13 part for your defender, you should trade it in for a honda...:tounge:cry
No I was complaining about paying $30 plus shipping for something that should be $5, locally available and doesn't really look like what I want. I was saying I'd splurge on the $13 part in order to get what I want over the $5 one ;)

Oh and I have two hondas and (sadly) one is on the way out to make some driveway room for another rover :grin. Anyone looking for one of the finest automobiles ever made - 1998 Honda Accord EX V6?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.