rear diff cover cracked, replacement ? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 28th, 2005, 02:30 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

rear diff cover cracked, replacement ?

Anyone know who may carry a cover to weld on the rear of the diff? Mine on the RR has cracked and is beyond a weld patch job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2005, 07:46 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Is it OK to just remove the existing filler plug and weld the cap on, without cutting out the existing cover? Trying to save some work here as well as a mess.

I located a direct replacement at Northeast British in NH for $90.

If Keith's can be welded on wihtout cutting the old one out then I'll go with that, obviously. I'll see what he says.

-Art
Old April 28th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Why not just cut the rest off? It should be a 5 min job with an angle grinder and a cut off wheel. That way you get more oil capasity. Just a thought.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Wack it with a 4" grinder. It will less time to cut off than plug in your gringer.
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:00 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

If I wanted to just drill the hole for the fill plug and tap it directly into the pipe cap, does anyone know off hand what size the hole is? Also, what pitch/size the tap would need to be for it? I'll check it out later today, but if anyone knows sooner than that, it would be helpful!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, cover, rack