rear defroster indicator 95 D90 SW - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 1st, 2014, 07:22 PM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle
1995 NAS D90 Coniston Green SW

Registry
rear defroster indicator 95 D90 SW

Quick question on defroster illumination "warning light" on warning lights panel....

Is it supposed to light up when rear defroster switch is pushed? Because mine is not...

Have searched and ran across this exchange which is a bit confusing for moi...

the 3 switches (hazard, rear defrost and heated front screen) all light up green when the lights are on.
The hazard has a red bulb that flashes when the hazards are on.
the rear defrost warning is on the dash binnacle and that switch does not light up when pressed
the heated front screen has an amber bulb and will light up when pressed, but it is on a timer that is tied into the oil pressure so if you push it without the engine running it will only stay on for a few seconds

BTW the red bulb for the hazard is NLA, so don't loose it.

and...

The correct factory set up is that the rear defrost has no amber illumination in the switch, it just indicates on the dash. you can set things up any way you like though.

I believe the discussion was for a 110 with front defrost but it's not clear enough for me..

Thanks!

KCD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2014, 08:30 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Yes, the defrost illumination on the panel lights up on mine. The switch does have a bulb, but it doesn't light up on the switch - and do not see where it would illuminate from as the switch cap/face is solid.
Old February 1st, 2014, 08:34 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I've always wondered about that
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2014, 08:58 PM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewap View Post
Yes, the defrost illumination on the panel lights up on mine. The switch does have a bulb, but it doesn't light up on the switch - and do not see where it would illuminate from as the switch cap/face is solid.
Awesome and thanks, My next little project. (any clue where to start, feel free to chime in!)

As an aside, I got all of my dash lights, fan, air speed, wiper, washer, etc working and what I have noticed is that, in the dark, the defroster button gets a little bit brighter when I push it in. (that's what she said...) I figure it is just because it is a tiny bit closer to the bulb when "engaged".

KCD
Old February 1st, 2014, 10:14 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
I'll have to check it out in the dark, couldn't see it daylight when I replaced mine.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle

Registry
Well, too much snow here to shuffle cars...

Anybody have any idea which fuse the rear defrost or warning panel light goes through? Looked in the owners manual, online and searched to no avail...

Thanks Board!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 95, d90, defroster