rear brake pad - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 11th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

rear brake pad

So last time I had service done on my D-90 the LR service manager told me my rear brake pads needed replacing in the next couple of months. I noticed today they have an online service special of $199.00 brake job for either front or rear....so I am wondering is this a good deal or do I trust having the job done at an independent garage? Would a Firestone or Midas be capable of replacing pads or would they have to order the parts?

thanks for any advice I hate going to LR dealership, but I just don't trust anyone around here

Follow-up Post:

sorry this message posted twice but it had come back undeliverable the first post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2007, 01:44 PM
alaskajgg
lawrence e nudson
1995 D-90 sw nas 11of 500

Donald,Don't waste your money. The Disco and D90 pads are the easiest to change of any vehicle I've ever worked on.If you can change a wheel you can change the brake pads. If you want to do it yourself e mail me and i'll talk you through it step by step. If you lived near me I'd do it for you.I just bought a pair of D90 rear pads on e bay for $7.99 yesterday. Hope you can save your money for gas. Larry
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

Hey Lawrence thanks for the offer and advice. I will send you an e-mail.

Just another example of why this website is such a great resource...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake