rear bench seat for D-90 SW - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 31st, 2004, 09:58 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

ATTN Yousef: Rear Seat Belt Mounting Ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
Yo DJ. Where did you mount the seat belts? When I converted my ST to SW I drilled a hole in the upper right corner and attached there. However, I did not have the inside panels, so can you tell me how you installed your. Picture would be too.

To be honest Yousef I have yet to install the male end of the belts. Since I've got a SW I lack the rear hoop system where the OEM shoulder harness mounts. However, the stock mount for the female end wasn't a problem. As you can see in the picture below it works great. All you have to do to mount it is drop the gas tank and install it.

As for the male seat belt harness I'm still contemplating what the best and safest method of installation will be. Since I still have the Jump Seat mounting points I thought I might utilize them rather that worrying about structural stability down the road. So, I think what I might do is have a bracket fabricated that will affix to the stock Jump Seat belt mounting point (Blue Arrow) and also to the vertical OEM seat belt support (Red Arrow). I'll tap and thread OEM vertical support so the male belt carrier will posses two anchor points. Additionally, I'll mount the terminal end of the male belt harness to the rear bench holding bracket (Green Arrow). Although, I'm not sure if the latter will work because I think it will decrease the ease in which the bench should fold up and/or the shoulder harness' ability to wrap around an individual.

I need to make a mockup of it and see how it goes, but for now that's all I've been able to come up with. I attempting to keep the installation as stock as possible (mainly for esthetic appeal), but it needs to be structurally sound as my little girl will be back there in her car seat. I also thought that I might consult my local fire department as to the best possible why to mount the belts.

Sorry I didn't have more for you. If you've got any ideas by all means let me know! Hope some of this helps you out Yousef.

DJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Female Belts.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Male Belts.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	756  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Male Shoulder Harness Mount.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	757  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2004, 04:52 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I have seen a 94 D90 with stock rear seat belts mounted by the blue arrow. Iím telling you DJ those 94 D90ís are weird. Get it done and let me know how it went as I'll be doing one very soon.

Thanks,
Old June 2nd, 2004, 01:40 AM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Will do!

DJ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, bench, d-90