Rear ARB Locker - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 19th, 2005, 08:56 AM
RickM
Rick Mabus
95 D-90 ST

Rear ARB Locker

I just got back from my first true off roading trip in my 95 soft top, and have come to a conclusion that I am short two important things. I intend to purchase a winch, but more importantly, I am thinking a rear ARB Locker will get me into and out of most situations my nerves can handle. Anyone know anything specifically about the best ARB locker and Air Compressor for a D-90? Any recommendations?

Thanks
RickM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

If you are running standard rover parts, then there is only one choice in ARB locker. As for the compressor, personally I would get something that is more suitable for inflating tires than the ARB compressor. Ideally, I would probably get something like an oasis compressor.
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Doogs
Matt McDougall
1995 Defender 90 ST

Rick -

I have a ViAir 400P, and I love it. It isn't as beefy as an Oasis or an engine mounted compressor, but its powerful for a 12V and it's portable. I much prefer it to the QuickAir II that it replaced.

BTW - where around Dallas did you go offroading?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2005, 02:38 PM
d901560
Brian B
94 ST

Rick - You might want to try removing the swaybars if you have not already done it. I found it really did not effect road handling much and it has made a huge difference off road. Switching from BFG AT to MT tires has helped a lot too. I'm probably going to wait with the lockers on my truck until after I add an OME lift and put on some SSRs.

Since you are in Dallas, have you thought about joining Texas Rovers (www.texasrovers.org)? Right now I'm the lone Defender so it would be nice to get another D90 on the trails. We have a meeting next Tuesday the 26th if you are interested. Send me an email or PM next time you want to do some wheeling.

Brian
Old April 20th, 2005, 12:22 PM
RickM
Rick Mabus
95 D-90 ST

Thanks for the suggestions. Brian, I am interested in joining Texas Rovers, and ran into some of the guys while we were in Gilmer. They were doing the right thing and working on the trail for the work day while me and my friend from Colorado were tearing the trail up. I have also considered the MT's but I an going to wait until I wear out my mud rovers first.

Matt, the only place I have heard of close to Dallas that is legal is Barnwell in Gilmer TX. If you guys know of something closer let me know as Gilmer not exactly close.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions