Rear aircon on a Disco 1 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 20th, 2013, 04:33 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Rear aircon on a Disco 1

I'm trying to get the rear A/C system up and running on my Disco 1 and was wondering if anybody with said system can take some pictures for me. Currently the rear lines are capped off along the frame rail. I need to see how they hook up to the compressor... I assume I'll have to have a shop put a high pressure "T" in or something but wanted to see how it came from Solihull first. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2013, 04:34 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I think I have a spare rear unit in my attic.
Old June 20th, 2013, 04:37 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

I have the actual unit (its an SE7 with factory rear air), what I might need is new lines that go from teh compressor to the back though. The current (rear) lines are cut and capped in the engine bay, I'm looking to see how they actually attach to the compressor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2013, 07:58 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
I have the actual unit (its an SE7 with factory rear air), what I might need is new lines that go from teh compressor to the back though. The current (rear) lines are cut and capped in the engine bay, I'm looking to see how they actually attach to the compressor.
IIRC The rear lines simply T into the standard AC lines. I have had a bunch of these in the past however I don't have one here at the moment to illustrate. Its nothing fancy or high tech about it though.

You have probably already considered this, but if the lines are disconnected and capped there must have been a reason. Either the lines to the rear were leaking or the lines to the front were leaking and the replacement lines were the standard (non rear air) lines. Replacing the lines to the rear are a bitch, and it seems like getting an AC shop to reconnect your potentially leaking lines to the rear might be an expensive gamble...
Old June 20th, 2013, 08:22 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
IIRC The rear lines simply T into the standard AC lines. I have had a bunch of these in the past however I don't have one here at the moment to illustrate. Its nothing fancy or high tech about it though.
Nice, I was hoping somebody would say that

Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
You have probably already considered this, but if the lines are disconnected and capped there must have been a reason. Either the lines to the rear were leaking or the lines to the front were leaking and the replacement lines were the standard (non rear air) lines. Replacing the lines to the rear are a bitch, and it seems like getting an AC shop to reconnect your potentially leaking lines to the rear might be an expensive gamble...
Yes, I get the feeling the rear lines were leaking so that's why they were capped off. The front's seem ok, the A/C blows VERY cold, I'd just like the rear cabin to enjoy that benefit too. I wonder how much it would be to have some new rear lines made up. I haven't checked the full routing of them past where the get close to the fuel tank, but I assume they're a royal pain to change.
Old June 20th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Danny-
Hit my gmail, I can take shots as desired.
R-
Ray

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
disco