Rear AC Evaporator Location Suggestions? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 9th, 2013, 12:26 AM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Rear AC Evaporator Location Suggestions?

I am in the final stages of AC component gathering. I have ripped out my old heater box and am just about to start throwing AC parts at the truck.

anyone have any pictures of rear mounted AC parts? like if someone stashed it in a wheel well, under a seat, any input and pictures would be appreciated.

I've considered moving my battery elsewhere to fit the evaporator under the drivers seat since it appears there is a little more room in there compared to the passenger side.

My Aux air box is about 8.5" by 11.5" its basically the same dimensions as the one Im going to run under the hood but without the heater core.

Thanks
Oscar
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2013, 12:51 PM
blenkush
Severin Blenkush
97 D90 LE, 10 Lotus Exige S, 05 LR3

rear A/C

Oscar,

Go to the parts for sale page and search "Defender rear A/C or heater ducts". I sold a pair of these a while back that had come out of a 110 and included a bit of information how it had been installed in the vehicle I removed them from. From your description I wasn't sure if you were adding rear A/C to an existing system or setting up an entirely new one. The 110 I saw had two evaporators, one in the center cubby and one behind the left rear wheel. The evaporator behind the wheel was in a self contained ABS plastic box that incorporated a blower that would suck interior air through a hole in the vertical wall of the wheel well, push it through the ABS box and the evaporator, and then up through a hole in the horizontal wall of the wheel well through the vertical vent along the c pillar and out the horizontal vents along the roof.

Cheers,
Severin
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
Very interested on how this turns out. Please keep us posted. Where did you source the parts?
NAS 1993 D110 CDN #11/25
1997 D90 ST #1953
2006 Range Rover
1997 D90 SW #701 (sold)
1995 D90 ST (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 11th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
This summer someone posted an install of a blower inside the truck under the middle seats of a 110. It was an after market system like "old air" or "classic air". It included the condenser and fans for a split system under the truck against the chassis rail.
I cant find the thread now.
NAS 1993 D110 CDN #11/25
1997 D90 ST #1953
2006 Range Rover
1997 D90 SW #701 (sold)
1995 D90 ST (sold)
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:24 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Severin,

thanks I posted on your for sale post. I thought I posted a thank you yesterday but it looks like it is gone.

Reese,

Im using a mismatch of parts from both Old Air Products and Nostalgic Air.

I will use the same format that Piekas and Wolfabrication used on their AC threads so all the part numbers and components are listed.

Oscar

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac