Re-installing OEM AC in a 300tdi Defender - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 23rd, 2017, 05:27 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Re-installing OEM AC in a 300tdi Defender

I have a prospective buyer who is interested in re-installing the OEM AC in my 300tdi NAS D90. The good news is that the AC harness is intact in my truck. The bad news is that I have since installed an Allisport extra wide rad and full width intercooler so there's no room left for the condenser and fan. The IC is almost flush with the surround/grill.

My question is, If I replace my flat radiator surround with a bumped out AC radiator surround, how much additional space is gained? +3"? +5"? We'd like to keep the Allisport set up so I'm wondering if its possible to get the bumped out AC surround and install the condenser and fan in front of the Allisport IC. Will there be room? Is it bad to stack the condenser in front of the IC which is in front of the rad?

The alternative is to revert back to stock Rad + IC but we're trying to see if we can keep the Allisport Rad + IC combo for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airconditioningkitlhdtdi.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	286889  
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
300tdi, ac, defender, oem, tdi