Random & Intermittent Fuel? Problem - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 16th, 2005, 04:43 PM
popeohana
Jeremy
94 Arles ST

Registry
Random & Intermittent Fuel? Problem

Just driving along and the RPMs will drop to almost nothing then after some time return to normal, but feels like it's going to stall. If I engage the clutch and pump the gas hard I can keep it from stalling. After 5 to 30 seconds of no power and giving it gas the RPMs soar, like the engine just received a huge burst of gas and then car runs OK. Happens very randomly, sometimes every couple of minutes and sometimes not for hours. Usually occurs at lower speeds rather than highway speeds.

Changed fuel filter, still occurring. Brought to LR Dealer, they could not get the problem to occur while in their hands and could not diagnose. What should I look at next? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

There are allot of things that coould do this, I would go over the electrical sytem and make sure everything is tight, all the relays work and that nothing is unpluged. Does it have any pattern at all?
Old July 18th, 2005, 02:47 AM
popeohana
Jeremy
94 Arles ST

Registry
There really is no pattern. I have done a visual inspection of all relays and fuses, and made sure that everything is tight. Who knows maybe I will get lucky and that will take care of it.

After I brought it home from the dealer, I noticed they forgot to replace the engine coolant cap - how lame. You pay such high repair rates and get such poor service.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fuel