Radius and Trailing arms - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 8th, 2004, 08:59 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Radius and Trailing arms

(Vendor participation is most definatly encouraged in this one)
I am starting to get ready to "refresh" our D90 with a little more lift among other goodies. Currently I have an OME 2" package on it and am going to go to the 3". However, one thing I would like fresh input on is radius and trailing arms and who all is making some good HD action aside from the established RTE products which already have a good reputation.

I have a god idea of a few more people making them but after a search on the forum, not a lot of good info is out there so lets hear what you have to recommend and what you like about it. Pictures would also be good if you have them.

Thanks!

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Berty
Brett Hurrell
D90 Hardtop 300Tdi

Chris a couple of UK Vendors to check out would be QT services for the cranked radius arms & Tomcat motorsport for trailing arms, caster corrected swivels & corrected axle tubes. They do loads of other nice bits as well (good prices too)
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:36 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Chris-

If you are going with a bushing rear link I'd say either Rovertracks or Rockware. Both of these vendors will factor in pinion angle due to lift to give you the best result. I run SG's heim jointed link and they are nice.

Tis

PM me, I may have some front radius arms for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2004, 01:52 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Cool.. hopefully we can get some input on both those you mentioned and hopefully pictures.

(PM sent as well, thanks!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old June 8th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Chris,

Those are good alternatives (what Berty posted). Scorpion Racing has radius arms too. I think the differences are the fact that SR and QT makes their radius arms from scratch and in one piece as opposed to performing surgical welding on the stock units to make them beefier. Size wise, they will not interfere with running wider-sized tires and will not affect turning radius.

As far as other choices are concerned, I don't know if Rovertracks and Slickrock fab makes them too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Doug_Paoletti
Douglas P. Paoletti
'94 D90

Chris:

For what it is worth, I just installed a 3 inch lift and I decided on the QT Services radius arms, partly because I wanted arms that were originally designed and manufatured for a modified suspension (rather than cut and re-welded) and partially because I liked the look and weight savings of the QT Services ultralight arms. I ordered them through Glenn's company and am expecting them next week. I'll keep you posted once I get them installed.
Old June 8th, 2004, 10:40 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

doug can you post a pic of your nice new arms?if anything those things look sweet!!!
Old June 8th, 2004, 10:46 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Here's the pic of the QT services radius arms:

http://4x4ag.com/images/qt.jpg
Old June 8th, 2004, 10:48 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Hmm... look like nice work.

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:20 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

like i said those are nice looking arms! i guess i should have asked for pics of them installed!!!
Old June 9th, 2004, 12:42 AM
tbmcneill

Chris-
We do make heavy duty and extreme duty rear trailing links. HDs are $210, EDs are $240. Both are made with all new material .... no rebent or stock pieces used. The inserts at the frame end are 4140 chromolly with the Extreme duty version being 1" in diameter. The ED version requires either drilling your current frame bushings out to 1" or the purchase of ours ($90). Both sets include new bushings at the axle.

We can make them for pretty much any lift/pinion angle needed (the tallest lift so far being 7" for a guy in Thailand doing the Rainforest Challenge in Malaysia ).

We also do custom heimed links, but currently need the truck to do the complete setup. However, we can make the links for you if you have someone plasma cutting the ears and making the frame mounts for you.

Hope that helps some-
Troy
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:08 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Don't do it chris!

Just get a front locker and boggers.
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

MMMMMMM Boggers, we do think alike!
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Doug_Paoletti
Douglas P. Paoletti
'94 D90

Matt:

As soon as I receive them (I'm told they will be in NJ early next week ) and install them, I'll take some pics for you.

Doug
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

I am running the Rovertracks rear trailing links--the fit, finish, and beefyness are great. No gripes whatsoever. I would get them again if I do another truck. BTW, I also run their HD high clearance drag link--same opinion.

I have no stake in RT Designs (Rovertracks) other than liking their stuff.
Old June 9th, 2004, 12:23 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Front 3 link
rear RT ED trailing arms.

You would never go wrong with this setup.
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:00 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I was thinking about possibly a 3-link in the front for some more drop. You guys who run the 3-link... any daily driving issues?

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:53 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

As long you dial it right (2 degrees with the drive shaft), there will be no issues what so ever.
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:21 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

Thanks Chris! (Davis)
We appreciate the comments...
Hijack Where did you get those wheels for the Dll? My eyes about fell out when I saw you in Louisville the other night!
And Chris (von Czoernig) We have some rather "weak" pics on the RT site. The plan is to get Nathan over to the shop with his high ZOOT Digital SLR to get som nicer pics of everthing soon... Including the RT Disco with all our products on it..

Keith
www.rovertracks.com

Follow-up Post:

Ahh Yousef I missed your post! Thanks to you as well for the kind comments!!!

Keith

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions