Radio/Speaker Suggestions? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 6th, 2007, 07:00 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragland
Once getting on the interstate, I usually can't hear what's said from the front passenger seat, much less the radio. Above 70 its all just noise.
Agreed. But can the amp crowd confirm that with better clarity it doesn't need to be that loud to hear? I'm still not sold.

Better to just smile at your passenger and nod occasionally. Listen to the engine, watch your gauges, check your rear view mirror for smoke, leaks, parts flying etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragland
LR should have offered as an option a headset similar to what pilots use.
I believe this is illegal, or i'd agree .

charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2007, 08:56 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I just dont see any place for expensive electronics spread around a Defender. Its a tough environment for things to be in. The only reason I have kept factory head unit is because I like the tape player and love the weather band, I like the 6 disk changer. I wish there was a way i could keep them and add a nice amp and speakers but I am almost certain there isnt. And as far as adding all new head amp etc. I wonder about the people doing the installation, I imagine I could do it but I dont like electronics. I have heard to many horror stories about radio installations etc. I am happy with my factory stuff, I have replaced the speakers though. I agree with you cgalpin driving is a full time job and should take all of your attention, but Jerry wailing away at his guitar is most pacifying while on the road........ As far as the passenger she should know her role....
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:59 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin

I believe this is illegal, or i'd agree .

charles
Only if it covers both ears.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
radio