Radio relocation on a 97ST - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 1st, 2009, 09:09 PM
JMPDIV82
Gregg O'Neill
97/D90

Radio relocation on a 97ST

Guys

Has anyone successfully relocated the Radio from the center console to the dash using the LR stock dash mount? Please let me know if you have part lists, directions and pictures.

BTW My search of the D90 site resulted in several discussion on the topic but no real solutions.

Cheers

Gregg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2009, 09:21 PM
dbj836
Brad Jones

I just put in the Iron Goat center dash (http://www.defenderdash.com/). I also replaced the speakers and placed an amp in the center consule. I also adapted a SPOD aux management system into it to help with future lights, ARB's, etc ..

It was a little pain in the a.. to run all the wires but it was do able.

End result was worth it.

I will try to post some pics this weekend.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
JMPDIV82
Gregg O'Neill
97/D90

[font='Verdana','sans-serif']I really want to keep the original look of the interior. All my Aux switches were going to be hidden under the radio cover on the center console. The radio was going to be the only thing that was going to be exposed up on the dash. [/font]
[font='Verdana','sans-serif']Can you tap into the power window wiring harness to power the Radio? If that is doable then all you would really need to do is re-route the antenna and figure out how to stuff the radio and vehicle control box (the box behind the dash mount blank) into the radio mount. Thoughts??[/font]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The fuse box is so close by that it makes little sense to tap into anything to power the radio. If it was me, I'd undo the radio wiring (I dont know if it goes under the body in the 97 or just down through the console) no matter how it was routed and use the same stuff to install the radio in the dash. To relocate the little control box, perhaps you can just make a new cover for the center dash switches that has more space in it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
97, radio