Radiator support panel- vented vs. non - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 1st, 2009, 07:53 PM
Green Blood
Carl Phillips
1988 90- Swiss LHD 2.5 Petrol

Radiator support panel- vented vs. non

I'm in the process of repairing my recently acquired accident damaged '94 D90 and have a quesiton about the radiator support panel. My truck has A/C but a non-vented panel, unlike what the parts manual indicates. I'm assuming this is because the A/C was either port or dealer installed but am wondering if I should replace the original with a vented panel.

Anybody have any experience with this who could tell me if it make any difference? Speculations are also always welcome.

Cheers,

CARL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2009, 08:42 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

I'm assuming you're talking about what I call the front fascia. The 97s had little louvers at the bottom for the auto transmission cooler. My original 94 A/C defender didn't have those - at least I don't remember them.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:32 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
There are actually several styles of grill panel. The only NAS trucks that got the "bump out" style were the 93's. 94 and 95 got the standard panel with no grill in the bottom section, and the 97's got a standard style panel with extra vents at the bottom to allow for, as Chris said, the trans cooler.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Green Blood
Carl Phillips
1988 90- Swiss LHD 2.5 Petrol

Thanks- all's clear

Thanks guys- I also just got off the phone with George at Rovers Down South who told me the vents are for the auto trans cooler so I'll stay with the original non-vented version.

Cheers,

CARL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
radiator