Defender Source Forum banner

R380 Shorty / Stubby - What clutch parts to use?

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  don 
#1 ·
I have an R380 Shorty sitting on the garage floor and want to hook it up to the OM617 in my chassis. Trying to figure out what parts it needs to work. From the searching I have done so far the R380 Shorty seems to be a separate gearbox.

I found this:
http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/diy-rebuild-kits/short-bellhousing-r-380-parts.html

Here is Rovers North very detailed parts list:
http://www.roversnorth.com/Land-Rover-Parts/971

Looking at my R380 (I will post pics of it soon), it seems the Ashcroft list is correct. The ones I had was questioning were these:

- Throw-Out / Clutch Release Bearing: UTJ100210
- Clutch Fork Pivot : FTC4173 & FTC4174 (although RN's FRC5180 looks the same)

But what about:
- Slave Cylinder
- Slave Cylinder Push Rod (3 different ones listed on RN)

Clutch, Pressure Plate I am planning on the 200/300tdi - UQB000130 (HD) and URB100760

Additionally - how is ordering small parts from Ashcroft or Ashcroft in general. Even if the shipping was a lot, their parts are pretty reasonable.

See less See more
#6 ·
Additionally - how is ordering small parts from Ashcroft or Ashcroft in general. Even if the shipping was a lot, their parts are pretty reasonable.
Ashcroft is great, I have used them several times in the past. Just make to sure to specify shipping options prior to payment. If you do not specify what kind of shipping you want and how much it will cost, they may send it you with the understanding that you need the parts ASAP. You will literally get parts in three days but the cost will be extremely high.

If you want cheaper shipping options remember to discuss it up front.

#8 ·
Thanks Robert - any idea what throw out bearing part number you used? Looks like the other stuff can be LT77 items.

------ Follow up post added September 10th, 2014 08:04 AM ------

Ashcroft is great, I have used them several times in the past. Just make to sure to specify shipping options prior to payment. If you do not specify what kind of shipping you want and how much it will cost, they may send it you with the understanding that you need the parts ASAP. You will literally get parts in three days but the cost will be extremely high. If you want cheaper shipping options remember to discuss it up front.
I just did an order online - shipping wasn't cheap but the whole order was still less expensive than what I could find that throw out bearing for. Plus I can never tell what is cheap and what is not with parts coming from the UK.

#7 ·
Here's a picture

You need the clutch pivot, the release lever with slave cylinder rod, and the release bearing.
See attached picture

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.