R380 - Cannot remove extension housing
I am using the R380 Overhaul manual and I have done the following but the extension housing will not separate fully.
1. Remote shift housing removed
2. Reverse/5th gear selector spool retainer removed
3. Extension casing bolts removed
4. Pulled oil seal collar from output shaft
5. Use a soft faced mallet to tap (ha ha) extension free from locating dowels
I get a couple centimeters of separation but not much more. Anything I missing to get this thing separated? I am assuming I need to give it more than a tap to separate....but how much more? And did I miss anything that would keep this from coming apart?
"I think we are good...its still dripping"