Question: Repainting NAS D90. Source for fresh correct decals? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 25th, 2016, 07:21 AM
BayouBeastie
Corky Jones
97 D90 LE ST Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
You don't want the bonnet lettering..those are the much bigger/newer versions.

Try these:
Defender 90 Land Rover Front Name Decal Tape Gray Raised Lettering Genuine New | eBay

Looks like it *may* be part #BTR8704MUL actually...and if that's the case, call Zack @ RN to confirm and you'd be better off ordering from him:
DECAL "LAND ROVER" FRONT DEFENDER, RNC930, BTR8704MUL - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts
Thanks Nathan. Those look perfect. Just bought them. Also IMO I don't think the RN item you sent matches perfectly. The lettering on the eBay item looks less spread out than what I am seeing on RN's site. Great find and I appreciate you making the effort. Big fan of Rovers North and I did order the side badging from RN (along with OEM bushings, LED lighting, endless other parts...).

Now about that ST windshield hoop.... 😜
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2016, 09:05 AM
drdread
AL
'94 NAS 90 SW (not POE)

Registry
Aren't they individual letters? If so it's as spread out as much or as little as you want. Ask bjf about cool lettering styles for cool people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2016, 05:42 PM
BayouBeastie
Corky Jones
97 D90 LE ST Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdread View Post
Aren't they individual letters? If so it's as spread out as much or as little as you want. Ask bjf about cool lettering styles for cool people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes sense however in this case the actual individual letters appear wider in the RN picture (not the space between the letters).

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2016, 06:27 PM
BayouBeastie
Corky Jones
97 D90 LE ST Conversion

Big thanks to Jason for all his help today. Lots of good info on removal of front fenders, fender diamond plate, panels, doors and hinges in preparation for paint job. It was bugging me and I think these minor additional bits of work will pay a big dividend. For those of you obsessed with the project (kidding!) the car gets started with prep and body work on Friday. I'll send pictures so you can enjoy.

Any word on that ST windshield cage? Come on people. I can't do this alone. ��

Anyway really just wanted to say that Jason is a good guy and a big help. In case there are one or two of you that didn't know this already.

Corky*

* Not a paid spokesperson.
Old September 26th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
You could have brewie212 on the forum make one for you. He can bend the curve in the "feet", I purchased some feet from him for my own cage project. Any competent fabricator can make this piece for you out out of DOM tubing.
Old September 26th, 2016, 08:20 PM
BayouBeastie
Corky Jones
97 D90 LE ST Conversion

Sent PM to brewie212. Many thanks for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
paint, d90, nas, 90