Defender Source Forum banner

Question: Repainting NAS D90. Source for fresh correct decals?

Tags
90 d90 nas paint
5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  BarryO 
#1 · (Edited)
Dropped truck off at paint shop today. Clear coat is basically gone. Paint is in better than average shape. Will be prepping and redoing paint (Willow Green) and two coats of clear. Prepping pocess will remove left and right V8 decals as well as "Land Rover" at hood. In the experience of others that have gone through this, is there a preferred source for replacement decals?

Thanks for any help you all can offer.

Here's a pic of the stripped down truck for those interested in this type of surgery.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Thanks

There were V8 decals discussed like 12 hours ago

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f6/defender-parts-73207.html

Thanks for the link. Didn't see the earlier conversation - clearly the 2 hours I spend on this site daily will need to be upped.

I see you've removed the front cage - are you replacing the front portion? I remember I'd pointed this out to you when you first purchased.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum...-defender-90-le-50-000-new-orleans-58122.html
Not replacing front portion. We removed as much of the cage as we could without getting over our heads too much. The portions we removed have been cleaned, prepped and powder coated. We will run new wiring for overhead lighting and satellite radio antennae inside this.

Also you might have noticed that we pulled off all of the LE diamond plate that we could. After some debate we have opted for not removing the two pieces on the front fenders as they seem to be attached with the standard screws as well as some VERY tough adhesive. Planning on taping them off and working with them in place. Hate cutting corners but I think this will be ok in the long run.

Will be undercoating everything after paint work is done. Also adding noise/heat deadening wherever possible.

Having a ball. Wondering what to divide by when I tell the wife what it's all costing.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

#12 · (Edited)
I'll bite. Any clues on where to locate ST front cage? Also any issues in securing ST front cage to factory attachment points on the SW body?
Yes. The exact opposite of the problem you're having right now. But why? You have an ST.

Edit.... Oh, you mean the frame mounts for the A-hoop from the front wings? Those are identical. Lots of guys recently converted from ST to SW. Maybe you can swap with someone.

#24 · (Edited)
Big thanks to Jason for all his help today. Lots of good info on removal of front fenders, fender diamond plate, panels, doors and hinges in preparation for paint job. It was bugging me and I think these minor additional bits of work will pay a big dividend. For those of you obsessed with the project (kidding!) the car gets started with prep and body work on Friday. I'll send pictures so you can enjoy.

Any word on that ST windshield cage? Come on people. I can't do this alone. ��

Anyway really just wanted to say that Jason is a good guy and a big help. In case there are one or two of you that didn't know this already.

Corky*

* Not a paid spokesperson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.