Question about 2" lift on NAS D110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Question about 2" lift on NAS D110

I have installed the 2" Lift OME springs and shocks from Rovers North along with urethane bushings. I have not driven the vehicle much at all since then, but I did drive another one with the same lift and noticed a pretty bad vibration.

My questions are these. With only 2" lift am I still going to run into problems with drivetrain alignment or is his vibration due to worn parts? If I do need to replace with modified parts can I do this with a CV driveshaft, or do I need new radius arms with a different angle on them? Do I need to make an adjustment in the rear also, or does a 2" lift only affect the front enough to warrant it? Where do you guys suggest for CV drive shafts for an NAS D110?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

Andrew, My first suggestion is to drive your truck.. You may not have any issues and be worring for nothing.

I have lifted 2 d90 and had no vibration issues. My currect d90 has a 2.75 lift according to the PO and no issues.

Im not sure if you will have an isue with the 110.
good luck
Old April 2nd, 2007, 03:06 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I got some bad sway on my 110. I was told it was because I had the wrong shocks. I got the new HD shocks but have yet to try them out, as I don't drive the 110 very often. Hopefully sometime this summer I'll have the time to try them out. If you got a 110, make sure you use the HD OME shocks. I know I started a thread about this somewhere.........

Neil

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
COSteve
Steven Reed
93 Defender 110 - #107

Andrew,
When I upgraded my 110 with OME Heavy Duity in front and Medium in back with the HD OME shocks, I went to lengthened trailing arms to correct the vibration. Keith at Rover tracks did the fabrication, as the OE arms were too short. Vibration then went away. Jeff at JC Rover 4x4 also helped to diagnose the issue.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 06:08 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

I went with the OME HD/MD + shocks over 10,000 miles ago. No vibration then or now. The only other non stock element of my suspension is lack of rear anti-sway bar.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
RyanS
Ryan
'93 NAS 110

I have a 2" lift on my 110, and had some vibrations. I used Rovertym's adjustable trailing arms, and played around with the spacers. Took a little time, but finally found the right position (i.e. pinion angle) that eliminated the vibes.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 06:23 AM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
I've got +1' lift on my 110 with no problems at all, +2" on the 90 with a rumble from the front prop/transfer box output flange when lifting off the power at around 70mph. I just ignore it and it goes away
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I don't know if this is a stupid concern with the 110 or not, but I know when the U joints go on the Disco II the propshaft generally whips around and cracks the trans. So, my concern isn't as much with the feel as the possible added stress on the U joints. I will probably replace the propshaft regardless as a precaution but I don't know who makes the best propshaft. I don't want to completely empty my wallet, but I would like to go with something stronger and with more flex than the stock one. Does anyone have a suggestions? Who is a US dealer for SG? I thought they used to have a list of them on their site, but I can't find it and they don't post prices on their site either.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:50 PM
RyanS
Ryan
'93 NAS 110

Andrew - If you have driveline vibrations, you should isolate whether they come from the front or rear by removing one driveshaft and seeing which one is causing the problem. On my truck, it was the rear so I adjusted the length of the trailing arms. If it's the front, then you'll have to rotate the front diff by one of several methods: 1) cranked radius arms, 2) drilled swivel housings, 3) 3-link, 4) other? You can get CV driveshafts from Great Basin Rovers (http://www.greatbasinrovers.com) or Tom Wood's (http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html)
Old April 3rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattarm
I went with the OME HD/MD + shocks over 10,000 miles ago. No vibration then or now.
Same here.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old April 3rd, 2007, 06:12 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
Drive it and see if there are any vibes!
It might well be fine, if it isn't check for wear in the sliding joint and UJs before spending big bucks for Bling prop shafts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, d110, nas