Pwr Steering leak .. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 27th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS
Pwr Steering leak ..

Looks like the D90 is getting jealous of the new truck and decided to start dumping power steering fluid on the driveway when i moved it. (its been sitting for a few months lightly used). I thought i had it placated with new sliders, Diff guards, and a steering guard but i was wrong.

I'm thinking its the hose to the steering box at this point since it looked like it was weeping a while ago but a hose clamp seemed to stop it. Seems like the leak is on the drivers side.

whats the right way to change the hoses. (i.e. do i need ot prime it, or other tricks that RAVE may not tell me)

its at 133k miles so is the pump near end of life?
Defenders don't wear out they just need more parts.

95' D90 - daily driver..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions