PVC 110 top - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 17th, 2013, 05:42 PM
handy andy
73 Land Rover 88 Lightweight
PVC 110 top

Just converted my 110 from hard to soft... I was installing the top and I can't seem to get it to fit right. From wat it looks like ... It won't stretch into place...

Does anyone have any ideas and/ or advice? I have removed and refitted it three times to no avail!!!!

Old November 17th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 95 RRC
Get a space heater and put in the garage over night! Get it nice and hot! It should stretch enough to fit! Hopefully that helps

"Someone once told me not to bite off more than I can chew, I told them I'd rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity!!!"
Old November 17th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Zip all the windows in (when the top is off the truck) and then slide it over the cage. Attach what you can (I usually opt for the belt rail over the windshield first. Then get the truck in the sun, turn the heat on, use the space heater like brewie said etc. After about an hour of mega heat put on some gloves and stretch it into place. It'll take some elbow grease but this is the tactic that works.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

110, top