Pulling - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 21st, 2005, 06:01 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

Pulling

Driving home yesterday the truck pulled across the road that hard it nearlly tipped the truck.50mls futher on it done the same.I checked the bearings they were fine,the brake pads are worn on the front (about 1/8" to a 1/4")got new pads comming today.Stearing, Bushes ect looks ok.Anything else i should look at??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2005, 07:39 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Check your rear bushings! They may be real loose! I may be able to swing down tonight and take a look.
Old July 21st, 2005, 08:02 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
check the panhard rod again too just to make sure
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2005, 08:24 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
check the panhard rod again too just to make sure
ditto, and if the bushing is new than check the bolt (it rusts and gets pitted). I have a few extra bolts and bushings and I'm heading up to ME tomorrow morning, let me know if you want me to drop them off.
Old July 21st, 2005, 03:49 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

Well it turn out to be my first thought,the front wheel bearing.Just had them take it in the workshop to check.Up on the lift its easier to check than just jacking in the driveway.Now all i got to do is get it fixed before Saturday morning.At leased i know its nothing serious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 21st, 2005, 07:41 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

Oh well he other wheel bearing started breaking up on the way home ,two to do now

Old July 21st, 2005, 08:34 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Panhard rod bushing:

I recently had a vertical bounce in the front of the 110 when going over any good sized bump. Well, the bushings were shot because the PO replaced the bolts with threaded rod!!!!!

...and I've been driving it for a few months like that.

Idiot!!!
Old July 22nd, 2005, 07:43 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Jimmy I really think you need new spindles up front, when I did the front bearings on it the old bearings slid off but I had to pound then new one's on, and the bearings were a good brand too. I think your spindles are messesd up from all the mud that was in them when I pulled them off.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 08:36 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

well it looks like both stub axles are shot,so got them Northeast british today with all gaskets ect then find out there is a inner race to the stub,can't get old oness out without damage so good old mike is picking them up from concord and dropping them round tonight.get them fitted tomorrow and hopefully leave for Co about noon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions