Projects for the Weekend - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 6th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Tim Scully
Tim Scully
95 D90 SW/ 95 RR LWB

Talking Projects for the Weekend

I have had this annoying rattle coming from my rear sliding windows for some time now. I have had the parts to fix it but lacked the desire or will power to dive into what turned out to be a really simple project. I replaced the upper and lower tracks in the sliding windows in about an hour and a half. The lower piece is a hard plastic track and the upper is a rubber seal that goes around to the front of where the glass comes to a rest. Having delt with glass and rubber seals before I came prepared with a can of silicone spray.

I am also diving in mounting my ARB switches in the center of the dash by the rear wiper switch. I have had the lockers for some time but have simply pulled the switches out of the passenger seat compartment when I needed them. I am trying to decide how to run the wires from this compartment to the dash area. I might just use my unibit and drill through the lower part of the box and hide the wires under whats left of my carpet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Andrew Vick
Andrew Vick
95 D90

You're going to have another fun weekend project as soon as you want to tackle it!

AC is out, along with the compressor, condensor, drier, wires and hoses. Went super smooth, even though it was -12 this morning. I pulled it into the shop, and everything became incrusted in frost. I'll be cleaning it up tomorrow and getting it packed. PM me and let me know where it's going.
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Tim Scully
Tim Scully
95 D90 SW/ 95 RR LWB

Yeah things went great today on the windows and switches. Guess the A/C will be next weekends project.

I sent you an email with the shipping add. Its good everything came apart well even in the cold temp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2007, 10:55 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Scully
I have had this annoying rattle coming from my rear sliding windows for some time now. I have had the parts to fix it but lacked the desire or will power to dive into what turned out to be a really simple project. I replaced the upper and lower tracks in the sliding windows in about an hour and a half. The lower piece is a hard plastic track and the upper is a rubber seal that goes around to the front of where the glass comes to a rest.
Hey Tim-

I've got the same thing going on with the 110. Where'd you get your parts? Got P/Ns and cost? Thanks!

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Sam_rover
Sam

I have the same issue with my driver side sliding window in the rear. I would also appreciate part number, cost and location you got the parts to fix the window rattle.

sam
Old January 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Tim Scully
Tim Scully
95 D90 SW/ 95 RR LWB

I got the parts from Rovers North.

"Filler Strip Window Seal" P/N MUC3768 $10.44 PER SIDE (top seal)
"Runner BTTM Slide Window" P/N MWC7612 $20.38 PER SIDE

The bottom runner is a hard plastic. It just pulls right out under the window. The top is originally a felt type strip that comes out fairly easily as well. I would reccomend putting the top "filler strip in first when you do it. I had to use a lot of silicone and it was kind of a pain but got it done. The new filler strip is rubber. Like I said the whole install took about an hour and a half and makes driving much more pleasureable. That rattle was driving me crazy.
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:12 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Excellent, thanks!

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions