ProComp Xtreme Alloy Series 7089 wheels - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 16th, 2008, 10:51 AM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

ProComp Xtreme Alloy Series 7089 wheels

Thought a new thread should be started.

I may be interested if we can get a group buy going. Don't see a 16x7 size though.

Some detailed pics:

http://chunkd.com/etc/img/index.php?fpp=10&did=0

Some size info:

http://www.procomptires.com/series7089.htm

Sample pricing:

http://www.offroadtoystore.com/Merch...s-ProComp-7089
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Like I mentioned in the other tread, Carey is running these wheels and has a good relationship with Procomp (4WPW) so she can probably do more for you guys than you would be able to do on your own. Last time we talked they only punch the rover pattern on request. They have them in chrome and partial chrome too.

And they are very reasonable in price. You don't even want to know what I paid for my 16x8 for the old tow rig.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Chrome or partial chrome?! Don't get me started!

I'm running D90 alloys and 265/75R16 on a Euro 110 and find the turning radius acceptable. Wondering if I can do better with different backspacing with these wheels, of course?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by artm
Chrome or partial chrome?! Don't get me started!

I'm running D90 alloys and 265/75R16 on a Euro 110 and find the turning radius acceptable. Wondering if I can do better with different backspacing with these wheels, of course?
I can't remember the backspacing but it wasn't a lot on the 8in wheels. The partial chrome actually looks good, but maybe not on a Defender.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Retrofit
Pat
1984 110 CrewCab 200Tdi

Would those fit an early 110 (1984) with drum brakes and all. Without the center cap of course.

If it does, I would be all over that.

Pat

Kirk Lazarus, Tropic Thunder

color="Red">CanadaOverland.com
Old April 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I would like them in a 16x8 or 17x8 but do they come in a 4" back space? Also buck, do you think a 17" wheel is too big to run a 35" tire in?
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:43 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Perhaps it's time to contact Carey to get the scoop on Rover application(s).
Old April 18th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
I would like them in a 16x8 or 17x8 but do they come in a 4" back space? Also buck, do you think a 17" wheel is too big to run a 35" tire in?
I'm not sure on the backspace. It's somewhere around there. And 17 is too big for 35's.

Also, keep in mind that these are cast AL so if you plan on fully getting it you can chunk them. Carey has a big rockring on hers.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:35 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I would get the 16x8 then... is cast AL bad? The rock ring protects the rim correct? Is Carey on the board? I have seen her white D in a mag once..
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:28 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
I would get the 16x8 then... is cast AL bad? The rock ring protects the rim correct? Is Carey on the board? I have seen her white D in a mag once..
Sorry,

I forgot about this. Cast AL is NOT bad. They are light and stong, but they chunk instead of bend when they get nailed. I don't know how hard you hit it, so I just thought I would mention that. I will see if Carey can post up.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Cool. Tell Carey to sign up.. Her truck is bad ass...
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Guys,

Anyone interested in these wheels, e-mail Carey at tuffd90@aim.com Tell her I sent you (Dave). She will help get you if she can. Be respectful, she's my hero.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Retrofit
Pat
1984 110 CrewCab 200Tdi

Once again, being very interested by these rims, I really have to know if there is any issues for a early sals with drum brakes before I call Carey ?

Anyone running them ?

Thanks !

Pat

Old April 25th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofit
Once again, being very interested by these rims, I really have to know if there is any issues for a early sals with drum brakes before I call Carey ?

Anyone running them ?

Thanks !

Pat
Take a tape measure and measure the drum. Then go on the FWPW website and get the demensions of the wheel. Compare. If drum is < than wheel you are good. We don't even know what size wheels you are looking for at. You have to take a little initiative.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

The 93 D110 rear salisbury has drum brakes and I've had no issues running 16" or 15" wheels on them. Backspacing doesn't seem to matter either.
Old April 26th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Retrofit
Pat
1984 110 CrewCab 200Tdi

Thanks for the answer Chris !

Pat

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
alloy, series, wheel, wheels