Problems with Rovahfarm ordering? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 12th, 2011, 12:00 PM
NC Rover
Nick
1971 Series IIa Hybrid

Problems with Rovahfarm ordering?

Has anyone else experienced any problems with Rovahfarm?

I ordered parts (mainly a master clutch cylinder) on Feb. 4th. It is now March 12th and I have yet to see my parts. I was told they were on backorder. Then I was told they moved locations so my order was taking a bit longer due to the quick decision to relocate. Then I was told the clutch cylinder would be arriving to Rovahfarm mid-week of Feb. 27th due to problems with customs.

Its now March 12th and I have yet to see any parts. This is very frustrating as my vehicle is useless without the new master clutch cylinder.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm sure I could have received and refund, ordered elsewhere and received parts by now. I've been told great things about Rovahfarm but I'm afraid my patience has run out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2011, 02:25 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
shoulda called Will, or Roversnorth.
Old March 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I use Rovahfarm as my primary source for parts and have never had an issue other than slow order processing from time to time. I am sure this could all be straightened out with a simple phone call to Trevor: (207) 667-8203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2011, 03:32 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

It sucks having to deal with Tillery and getting your stuff next-day.
Old March 12th, 2011, 06:18 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I use Rovahfarm as my primary source for parts and have never had an issue other than slow order processing from time to time. I am sure this could all be straightened out with a simple phone call to Trevor: (207) 667-8203
x2. Trevor is a stand up guy.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old March 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Antichrist
Tom Rowe
Defender/Disco/Series/MoD

I've never had any issues at all with Rovahfarm, though I've heard of someone else having problems lately.

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 Regular
67 109 6cyl NADA x2
74 Lightweight - The Antichrist
95 DI 5-speed
95 D90 5-speed
97 D1 Automatic
Old March 12th, 2011, 08:47 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfD90 View Post
X3 - Trevor has always been solid. And he's certainly the kinda guy who'd work something out with you if th part was really needed.

There's no silver bullet vendor. Each have their own customer issues. Ask for a refund if it's unbearable and call RDS or RN. Or AB, BP or SR.
Old March 12th, 2011, 09:07 PM
John_Karlsson
John Karlsson
1966 Series IIA 88 SW

I ordered a bunch of little parts a while back. Trevor has kept in touch with periodic updates. Latest was that a couple of parts were held up in customs, and he offered to ship what he had in hand. None of the parts are critical for me, so I opted to wait until he could ship the full order.
Old March 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM
maleger
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca

Registry
Rovahfarm

I have also ordered from them with no problem. They had good prices and the products received where as described on the website.
Old March 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
Only once but, nice mate and good service. Price is average and for my situation (Canada), flexible shipping solutions. I will surely buy stuff again.
Old March 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM
NC Rover
Nick
1971 Series IIa Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfD90 View Post
Yeah Trevor is who I have been communicating with via email. Maybe I just need to call and speak with him? I'm just bummed it has taken so long.

------ Follow up post added March 13th, 2011 09:11 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Karlsson View Post
I ordered a bunch of little parts a while back. Trevor has kept in touch with periodic updates. Latest was that a couple of parts were held up in customs, and he offered to ship what he had in hand. None of the parts are critical for me, so I opted to wait until he could ship the full order.
Well I guess other people are experiencing the same issue. I just figured first with the backorder, then customs...then they moved...its like everything piled up one right after the other. As a customer, we only know that we pay for something and expect to receive it within a certain amount of time. I usually could care less about how long it takes for parts...but depending on a master clutch cylinder to have your vehicle running is a major item and after a month and a half, its starting to get frustrating.

Sorry guys...nothing against Rovahfarm as I have ordered some items in the past from them with no problems and they were great.....I just wanted to see if anyone else was dealing with the same issue as of recent and I guess I'm just venting. I think I'm just frustrated that I can't drive the rover without that part. Hopefully it will get here soon.
Old March 13th, 2011, 09:54 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Hey, we're all with you on delayed parts.. The positive news about RF is that you're at the manager and he knows the situation. A major parts vendor took my money for a door card, sent me the wrong item, hassled me about the return, forgot/had no answer about the correct card for two months, then finally told me it was NLA and wouldn't refund my money (credit only). Never got to discuss with a manager to resolve or file a complaint. I probably should have killed the order a few weeks in after their crap communication, but it's always a gut feel on when to drop someone and go elsewhere.
Old March 13th, 2011, 10:15 AM
karlusmagnus
Karl O'Donoghue
71SiiA

I bought parts in the past from Trevor and no issues. Stand up guy. Communication was good. I presume he is a one man shop or similar. On a side note, i purchased some non-rover stuff from the UK and the vendor told me that they were experiencing delays due to homeland security screening of cargo. As it turned out, item shipped inside 3 weeks and i was not in a rush. I would call Trevor and just ask. Easiest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 13th, 2011, 12:23 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

This reminds me of a Bottof or KVT thread.
Old March 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman View Post
This reminds me of a Bottof or KVT thread.
not yet... there isn't some 47 pages of pointless rambling.....how that guy is in business is beyond me.

As for Trevor at Rovah farm, I thought I heard he was moving to Ellsworth or something like that. Maybe he is in a transition period. I've never dealt with him, just thought I'd pass along what I heard from some guys up here.
Old March 13th, 2011, 05:16 PM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
I have had nothing but good experience with Trevor. Just call him.
John
Old March 13th, 2011, 08:34 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I hate emails and texting and PMing. I call Will ramble and waste his time, my parts are magically at my address the next morning. If he says no to a parts request then you dont need them
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:27 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Trevor just called, he's back
New Number
207-667-8203
Old March 16th, 2011, 03:05 AM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
I just ordered a bunch of parts for my daughters D1 and it was in the middle of his move he was unloading trucks and stayed late to pack my parts and send them to alaska via us mail. Talked with Trevor for 25 mins. good guy and i had my parts in 4 days.

Sorry to here about your troubles but im sure if you call him he will make it right by you.

Cheers Ed
Old March 16th, 2011, 06:37 AM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Yeah, he's a good guy, he just underestimated how long it would Take to move all those parts.
The good news is that he said he found parts he never knew he had.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
problems